Publications & Presentations
A selection of my papers and presentations I have given. Some are available on request.
Application of causal loop methods for client insight and action, The European Mentoring and Coaching Commission, July 2018
Experience with Modelling Options for Decision-Making within the Organisational System, ISPSO (International Society for Psychoanalytic Study of Organizations) Annual Conference June 2018 (Dublin)
A Method to Develop Stakeholder Management Strategies: Professional Development Workshop, ISPSO Annual Conference June 2018 (Dublin)
- Optimism Bias of Governance Groups: A defence against lack of presumed knowledge, Socioanalysis Journal, Vol. 19 December 2017
- The Oceanic feeling and the Void: the compelling sensation of being one with the universe via the digital social media environment, Annual Meeting - OPUS Conference, London 2017.
- Design as Mirror of the Ages: The Room, the Culture and Psycho-Social Development , ISPSO Annual Conference 2017 (Copenhagen)
- Managing Optimism Bias for Governance, ISPSO Annual Conference 2016 (Spain)
- Why Well Managed Projects Fail and What to Do about it, ISPSO Annual Conference 2012 (California).
- Complexes of the Family and Organisation: A Case Study of The ‘Organisation in the Mind’, ISPSO Annual Conference 2011 (Melbourne)
- Measuring Clinical Interviewing Effectiveness: An Adaptation of the Flanders Interaction Technique, Journal of APhA
- Coaching and causal loops - a short note
- Working with Emotion in Coaching, LinkedIn
- Executive coaching and Action Research: An Effective and Efficient Approach, - a short note (open here)
- Tricks, Tips and Traps for Untangling the Obstructive Synergy of Organisational Structure and Information Value Chains, The Australian Centre for Management Accounting Development, Annual Meeting
- Countering optimism bias gently - a short note (open here)
- The Learning of Affect: A measurement Approach in Clinical Areas, California Society of Educational Program Auditors and Evaluations
- Information as an Organisational Change Tool in the Service of Competitive Advantage, The International Productivity Symposium VII, Athens Greece (with Pat McCarthy)
- Drugs and Human Behaviour, (with D. Lawrence, V. O’Toole, and A Greene) National Institutes of Mental Health Monograph
- The Year 2000 Date Problem: A Symptom of the gulf between Management and IT, The Australasian Share/Guide IBM Conference, Brisbane
- Freud's Contribution to Organisational Change, The Australian Centre For Psychoanalysis
- Information as Stimulus to Behaviour: The Australia Post Experience, (with Pat McCarthy), the Australian Public Sector Conference, 1995
- Utilization of Basic and Clinical Health Science Personnel in a Team Approach for the Achievement of Competency in Therapeutics (with Myron Weiner), British Journal of Medicine.
- Imputation Techniques: A Solution for Missing Data, AERA annual meeting